dust collection @ the drill press

Im getting sick of useing my shopvac as my dust collection at my drill press. (not really dust collection - more like leave the mess - or suck it up when im done) I ran a peice of 3" flex hose to the table - but not sure what to do w/ it. right now I just hang it off the back and suck up as soon as im done drilling.
Can anyone shoot me some ideas on what they have?
Thanks
Lee Valley to the rescue...once again. http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p0198&cat=1,42401&ap=1

Magnetic is not suitable on drill press, unless you rig up some kind of metal articulating bracket that comes in overhead. It seems logical to just place it on the metal drill press table. The problem is that most of the time your metal table is covered with the workpiece you are drilling and no place to attach the chute. It does not readily rest on the workpiece because it will slide right off. I have one of these chutes and it works great on the steel router table for which it was designed.
Bob

This will stimulate your thinking. http://www.anneldavis.com/bobandanne/dp_dust_collection.htm . I am not completely satisfied with it because drill press operations can take on so many different configurations that require moving the nozzle around. As you can see, I had a 4" hose. I am thinking of reconfiguring with a 2 1/2" hose to make it easier to move things around. It doesn't take a lot of air volume to work satisfactorily with a drill press. I think the most important factor is to bring the hose in from overhead. Mounting on the table or laying it on top of your work piece is a pain in the butt.
Bob
Thanks for the pic, that gives me a few ideas to play with. Im going to tinker a bit more and see what I can come up with.

A poor man's solution recently published in one of the woodworking magazine involved using a couple of pieces of wood with a hole drilled through each. The first piece needed a hole the diameter of the drill press pole, then you cut the board in half, so you could make a "clamp" to fit the drill press pole. The second board was done the same way with the hole the size of the DC hose you were using. You connected the two boards with a dowel rod cut to a usuable length. I know this isn't the clearest description. I'll see if I can find the pic in the magazine and post it to ABPW later this evening.

Other options for those with money:
http://www.ttrackusa.com/dpdust.htm

I have the 2hp harbor freight DC. from it a 4" flex to a positioning bracket as close as I can get it to the drill chuck. no nozzle, just the end of the hose. works pretty good.