Dust collection contractor type saw

I'v got a Onieda cyclone dust collection system which works great. I've plumbed the entire shop and use blast gates and a remote control to turn on and off the cyclone. However, I've never been satisfied with getting the dust from my contractors saw with the open back and the motor sticking out beyond the table and it having to rotate for bevel cuts.
Anybody have a suggestion? (And,no, I don't want to buy a new saw)

Make a back plate from either plastic sheet or 1/4" plywood or even carboard. I use rare earth magnets to hold mine in place. Yes, it does have to be removed to tilt the saw, but I don't tilt it very often so it is not a big deal for me. Takes seconds to remove it.
On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:53:28 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Contracter saws do not excel at dust collection. That's one advantage of a cabinet saw.

Here is what I found online:
http://www.newwoodworker.com/jetdust.html
But, one of the magazines had an article on just this not long ago. The web link gives a general idea... you'd have to figure out the exact cuts for your saw. My Powermatic has a shroud under the blade which seems to do pretty good so I haven't fooled with a back cover.
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

When I had a contractor's saw i used a magnetic vinyl sheet to block off the opening. It removes vary easily when needed. I purchased the one I used at a local sign shop. At on-line source is:
http://www.magnetking.com/#regularmagnet
A 12" x 24" x 1/16" sheet runs about $10.00.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

On Jun 26, 7:53am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I used to have a Craftsman contracter style saw. It had a metal shroud that completely enclosed the blade, and a dust port for a shop vac on the back. The whole assembly would tilt with the blade. Best dust collection I've ever seen on a table saw, and that was when being used with a shop vac. I can't imagine it would be too hard to make something like this to fit your saw. Maybe take a run up to a local Sears and look at one to get the idea - mine was the saw with the sliding table miter gauge thingy(that was a horrible mess to use).