Dust collection accessory question

I'm looking for somewhere to get a 2 1/2" shopvac hose compatible "y" fitting. The only place I've been able to find one, sells them in a kit for $116. Thoughts?, Ideas? SH

Reply to
Slowhand

The inside couple pages of my last woodworkers.com catalog has a 3 way manifold for 2 1/2" hose.

Alan

Reply to
arw01

I have made most of my DC fittings out of PVC plumbing fittings. They are about a quarter the price of DC fittings. I am sure they have Ys.

(Okay, they look crummy and sometimes have to be shimmed with duct tape, but I am really cheap.)

Reply to
toller

Why not? Do what you have to to Get-R-Done. Somebody should publish a cross refrence manual that goes from plumbing to air to electrical conduit fitting sizes, heating duct and DC sheetmetal goods etc. That's not being cheap... that's being smart with your money.

sandman

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:01:54 -0800, "Slowhand"

Reply to
mac davis

A: Get a larger Y and three adapters. I have four 2 1/2 "outlets" y'ed into my 4 inch PVC system, scattered around the shop. I found some small plastic containers that exactly fit the hole and use them to stop up any or all that is not currently in use. I even attach the stoppers with a short piece of chain so they will not wander off when not fulfilling their intended function.

B: If it is to be a permanent Y, I have used a PVC Y that the hose will slip into, then used a heat gun to shrink the PVC to a tight fit. (used this on my bandsaw setup when I had two ports on the saw).

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Bingo! Ya know, I haven't recieved the newest catolog yet. Must be a new product because it didn't show up in any previous catologs. Thanks! SH

Reply to
Slowhand