Dust collection

Page 2 of 2

Why? ;~)

Guess again. I have a DW735, and that's the clamp that I use to hold the hose onto it. In the seven years or so that I've been using it, it's never come loose even once.
You came here asking us to tell you what works for us -- that's what works for me. Of course, if you don't believe that, you're perfectly free to go spend fifty bucks on some other solution if you want to. It's your money.

Doug,
Isn't part of the fun to spend other people's money? ;~)

You're exactly correct, that's what I was asking for. However, your solution doesn't work for me and my wife was none too happy. ;o} Maybe a difference in hoses??
On 3/4/2012 3:26 PM, Larry wrote:

I don't clamp any hoses on my planer and never had the hose fall off. I use a standard metal dryer hose on my planer, no clamps, no failures. I only use clamps on the main hose going to my pre-collection drum, all the hoses to all my tools are slip fit, and never fall off. If yins are having trouble, your connections suck, no pun at all.
--
Jack
wrote in

The problem is there is no standard. It falls off of one machine and fits too tight on another. Seems like every manufacturer does what they feel like.

At $40 each with a blast gate I don't need I'll pass. The connection idea is exactly right though.
Larry
This works pretty well...
http://www.ptreeusa.com/dustfittings_connector.htm#420
and these do a pretty good job...