dull scratch on wood floor - how to repair

It's from a toy that was left under a chair. The scratch has just dulled the poly didn't go through to the wood. Is there an easy way to buff the scratch out like they do on cars?

Better yet, get a dog.
The weird thing is that I lived in an apartment for the last 3 years with nice wood floors and they never got a scratch. These new floors at the new place are a lot more delicate. I should ask my old landlord what kind of poly he used.