Drum sanding service in Socal?

I am making some pretty large end grain butcherblock tables (22 x 28). Som ebody told me that there used to be a guy who had a giant drum sander that he would charge by the minute or pass or something. Does anyone know wheth er a service like this still exists? Thank you.
On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:52:50 -0700, tutsch wrote:

I don't know if such a service exists. Have you check with the local shops to see if they can handle the job and how much.
Paul T.

Grimminger Drum Sanding (Steve) 15540 Illinois Av Paramount, CA 1-562-531-1028
Lew
The Grimminger number is disconnected. Anyone know of new contact information?
On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:11:38 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@midnighttutor.com wrote:

Google must have been broken again.
You _did_ try typing "Grimminger California" in a search string and hitting the <enter> key, didn't you? Google is fixed now. Try it again. There should be about 156,000 hits.
The number that comes up in those hundred thousand search results is disconnected. That is my problem and why I posted here to begin with.
On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:14:27 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@midnighttutor.com wrote:

I'd think you're SOL. If the phone number on the web, whitepages and fb is invalid, and you can't get a number from your phone company, they probably no longer exist.
White pages search for home phones. No business found. http://www.whitepages.com/name/Grimminger/California
This one is an obit, which might explain why the number doesn't work: http://www.tributes.com/show/Carl-James-Grimminger-90782196
Check with local cabinet shops? Even if they have gone under, I'd expect some shop would pick up the business.
"Roy" wrote:

------------------------------------------------------ Might be a cousin.
Mountain View, CA is near San Franscisco, about 300 miles north of here.
Steve is also younger than 1930 DOB.
Lew
"Roy" wrote:

A check of the LA Times obits shows a listing for:
Steven Grimminger Lakewood, CA
Lakewood is next door to Paramount, CA where the business was located.
Not willing to pay for added info.
Lew
On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:52:50 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@midnighttutor.com wrote :

t he would charge by the minute or pass or something. Does anyone know whe ther a service like this still exists? Thank you.
Were you ever able to find someone to help you with this?
On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:52:50 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@midnighttutor.com wrote :

t he would charge by the minute or pass or something. Does anyone know whe ther a service like this still exists? Thank you.
Would love to know if you found anyone. Steve was the only source we knew of besides Whites. There has to be a source somewhere.......all cabinet ma kers still using the face frame method need a drum sander. Maybe there were n't enough of us left to make it worth Steves while. Post if you found so meone....please.

of wood shop class. Check around there.
snipped-for-privacy@midnighttutor.com wrote:

Would love to know if you found anyone. Steve was the only source we knew of besides Whites. There has to be a source somewhere.......all cabinet makers still using the face frame method need a drum sander. Maybe there weren't enough of us left to make it worth Steves while. Post if you found someone....please. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Grimminger was the only one I used and he is gone.
Might try the major lumber yards like Jones or Ganahl.
Lew
On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 11:52:50 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@midnighttutor.com wr ote:

t he would charge by the minute or pass or something. Does anyone know whe ther a service like this still exists? Thank you.
Grimminger sold out last year. New owner is running sander, same address. 15540 Illinois Av Paramount, CA looking for his card and will post as soon as I find it. JRS
Grimminger sold out last year. New owner is running sander, same address. 15540 Illinois Av Paramount, CA looking for his card and will post as soon as I find it. JRS ----------------------------------------------------- Last I knew, Grimminger was dead and business is gone.
Lew