Dremel/HB

There's little reason to ever use a saw or roto-tool on drywall -- a drywall knife scores the paper and one then breaks it w/o the dust. A cutout is the one place but even there an 'X' and a tap does the trick after the outline and if one has a template for the outline that also is quick.

Reply to
dpb

The pilot "edge" on the bit has nothing to nick the wires with and the wires should be pushed back in the box. Are you sure you were using the right bit?

Well, I'm not a sheetrocker (I'd have to kill myself) and even use screws to hang what little I do. ;-) Not even RotoZip pretends that pros use RotoZips.

Reply to
krw

It's the outlet box cutouts where RotoZip shows its usefulness. The template *is* the outlet box, already hanging in the correct position on the wall.

Reply to
krw

...you are right...no, they don't, come to think...the guys I've observed use what amounts to a laminate router with the same bit we're talking about...

cg

Reply to
Charlie Groh

I have a Dremmel and its great for precise tasks or getting into tight places. If you're any kind of handyman this tool is great for more than you might think. Sure, the $16 tool might not take the abuse of a Dremmel so it could be good value for occasional use. I tend to put a high value on quality tools. Dremmel is not top-rated but good enough for me to recommend it.

Reply to
Phisherman

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 09:59:46 -0500, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@dog.com scrawled the following:

I sent my Amazon Wish list to my sister. It has the $400 Fein Multitaskwhatever tool listed, but I noted that I'd accept the HF Multifunction tool at $40 on sale right now.

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques