Dremel/HB

Page 3 of 3
At that price, go for it. When I bought my Craftsman version of the Dremel years ago I had no specific purpose for one. But it keeps getting dug out of the tool box for small grinding, sanding, polishing, etc. jobs.
If this one craps out in a year or two, you'll know by then if you need a Dremel.
RonB

I've had my cordless Dremel 7 years and corded 20 years. Works just fine for everything I've thrown at it so far. Used the cordless earlier this year to wire up a friend's house for surround sound and networking. I have the drill press stand that I use for my scroll saw projects and find more uses for it all the time. The only thing I haven't liked is the sharpening attachment. It works "ok" to sharpen but takes longer due to it's smaller side. I've used it on the mower a couple of times but find it faster to use a regular grinder.
I also have a Craftsman roto-tool with a box full of attachments. It's been used a few times but none of the attachments and the diamond cutting wheel was not cheap. It's considerably heavier and larger than a Dremel making it awkward to use for some jobs. Compared to the Dremel, it gets used maybe 1 in 20 times. Maybe someday I'll try it's plunge router attachment.
`Casper
Bill wrote:

last for a few minutes and then require two hours to charge. Then I bought one of the cheapo HF models but the power output was miserable. Finally ended up with a Sears corded model (on sale with no bits or attachments) and use it with the previous collections of bits. Works fine.     mahalo,     jo4hn

It's only a value if you need it. But HFT does not sell the 1/8" router type bits, that I was ever able to find. I had to order some from Ebay. Else the cost was ridicules to get bits from Sears, HD, Anderson's or Lowe's.
However, the cordless dremelesque rotary tool I bought at HFT and the Shopsmith I bought at Anderson's (regional place?) both fit on the Dremel attachments.
Mike in Ohio
Bill wrote:

I have a Dremmel and its great for precise tasks or getting into tight places. If you're any kind of handyman this tool is great for more than you might think. Sure, the $16 tool might not take the abuse of a Dremmel so it could be good value for occasional use. I tend to put a high value on quality tools. Dremmel is not top-rated but good enough for me to recommend it.