Dremel engraver in Europe ?

Hello,
I would like to buy a Dremel #290 electric engraver to sign my works. But the only model available is rated 110V/60Hz.
=> Has any of you a simple solution to use it here on our mains thatare 240V/50Hz (except the obvious huge solution of the 240V -> 110V transformer ...) ?
Thanks for any tip :-)
Jean-Yves
one option: http://www.proxxon.com /
David Merrill

I would skip the dremel and just go for a no-name or lesser brand. Dremel used to be brilliant up until about 7 or 8 years ago - at that time they shifted the manufactur from the US to South America somewhere and the quality went down the toilet.
Cheers Paul
On 7 Mar 2005 06:03:27 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@free.fr (JYS) wrote:

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia
FERM makes a dremel clone Which I got while in Belgium. They were reasonably priced. Peace.
On 3/7/05 8:03 AM, in article

Do you have an air compressor? A small die grinder is available on the market that uses the 1/8" Dremel type bits. It's a whole lot more powerful, than a Dremel and smaller in diameter (about 1" dia.) so it's easier to use. If you get one you won't need to plug it in to either 110 or 220 volts.
Look in the Industrial Equipment Suppliers catalogs. Most carry them. If you have trouble finding one, let me know and I'll try to find you some links.
--
Charley

"JYS" < snipped-for-privacy@free.fr> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@free.fr (JYS) wrote:

Try Minicraft.
If you have an air compressor, consider finding a small die grinder. They're air powered, use the same 1/8" dia. bits as the Dremel and are faster (about 20,000 rpm) and more powerful then a Dremel. They're also smaller in diameter so they're easier to use for hand engraving your signiture, etc. Industrial Supply stores and some automotive supply stores carry them.
--
Charley

"Lobby Dosser" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
Thanks everybody for your several answers but I may not have been precise enough : I don't want a rotary tool (I have already 2 Dremel clones) => What I wanna buy is a "variable stroke electrical engraver" ... Any other source ?
Thanks
Jean-Yves
On 8 Mar 2005 01:02:52 -0800, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@free.fr (JYS) spake:

http://www.google.com/search?q=variable+stroke+electrical+engraver or use UK google for a more eurocentric approach.
========================================================= I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com --Socrates + Web Application Programming
Jean-Yves
Try http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id 831&sfile=1&jump=0
looks similar to the Dremel. I don't have one myself.
BillR