DRAWING A BOARDER AND TITLE BLOCK

Page 2 of 2

First sketch the boarder. Have him or her sit by the table where you and the boarder have your meals. That would make a nice homey picture.
Once done with the boarder, make a rectangular block for the title and have the boarder sign it. You can title it "Boarder at Dinner"

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 7:25am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@plattscsd.org stumbled in and mumbled: I AM JUST LEARNING SCETCH UP AND WANT TO TEACH IT TO MY TECH STUDENTS I NEED TO DO A BOARDER AND TITLE BLOCK AS A TEMPLATE AND AM HAVING DIFFICULTIES
Upon thinking a bit more on this, the following question comes to mind: Why choose rec.woodworking, to ask something like this, instead of one of the computer newsgroups, or forums? Oh yes, dags plattscsd.org and you come up with high school in NY. Kinda makes me wonder if it's not another school kid, wanting someone to do his homework for him.
J T wrote:

Most likely as there isn't a K. West listed for the staff:
http://staffweb.plattscsd.org /
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:
| Most likely as there isn't a K. West listed for the staff: | | http://staffweb.plattscsd.org /
Actually, there is. Mr. West appears to teach the use of computers in an industrial arts-ish vein. I used their local Google search to find him.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:00:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

And the odds are that the OP will never appear here again...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:30:19 -0700, mac davis

And that could be for at least two possible reasons.
Welcome to the Wreck.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
snipped-for-privacy@plattscsd.org wrote: | I AM JUST LEARNING SCETCH UP AND WANT TO TEACH IT TO MY TECH | STUDENTS I NEED TO DO A BOARDER AND TITLE BLOCK AS A TEMPLATE AND | AM HAVING DIFFICULTIES
Hmm. You've already heard about the all-caps thing from those who weren't ever beginners - and it'd appear that all the Sketch-Up users are officers of the spelling police - so you're stuck with questionable advice from a guy who's never used the program...
Try creating a drawing that consists of nothing but an appropriately-sized border and the title block of your own design. I have two of these, one for portrait orientation drawings and one for landscape-oriented drawings.
To use these in DesignCAD, I make my new drawing of an assembly or part, then open my saved border/title block and copy it to the clipboard. Then I close the border file and paste the border/title block into my new drawing.
Now I can do a proportional re-size of the border and title block and move it to surround the new drawing. Don't re-size any of the elements of your new drawing because that'd screw up the dimensions!
When you like what you see, add text to the title block and save your new drawing with text and title block.
SketchUp may or may not work like DesignCAD for these operations - but it seem reasonable that it has at least similar capabilities that'll let you get the job done.
HTH
On Sep 19, 10:25 am, snipped-for-privacy@plattscsd.org wrote:

Here's a border and title block you can download that I lifted from the Google Groups SketchUp Pro group: http://groups.google.com/group/Sketchup-Pro/attach/f93bfd5889ddd766/titleblock.zip?part=2 and here's the link to the thread itself: http://groups.google.com/group/Sketchup-Pro/browse_thread/thread/1d8c829b041c8c3/78486b80f0ee5b48
Not sure what the limitations are on SketchUp's free version, but it should work as you're just opening up a file and working on that.