wallpapper boarder isn't stuck!

I just put up a wallpaper boarder and the edges didn't quite stick. Is there anything I can use to stick them down for good without ruining the wall?

Kristy

Reply to
Kristy Smith

Use longer nails?

Reply to
PhotoMan

Reply to
Caroline or Greg :P

Had same problem...bought a paste designed for "paper to paper" at Menard's. Still sticking a year later.

Reply to
Tom

Plain old polyvinyl acetate glue, aka Elmer's, etc. Wipe on a thin amount with a Q-tip, wait a few moments for it to get tacky, stick down paper.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

But will it work on boards?

Reply to
PhotoMan

Yea and at one time they used flour & water. If they needed it stronger they'd add molasses.

The bugs loved it.

Reply to
Truitt Bottsford III

Love to be there when you try to remove it.

Reply to
Truitt Bottsford III

Yes.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

It removes easily.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I've made my living installing & removing wallcoverings for the past

25 years. I've seen what happens when it's been repaired with elmers glue. It does NOT remove easily.
Reply to
Truitt Bottsford III

I suppose that is true if the repair was incompetently applied.

As I said, you have to apply a thin layer and let it dry to a tack first. Not gobbed on like paint. Then it holds securely but can be lifted later. If you nevertheless have a "gobbed" area, you can always lift it easily with paint remover. (PVA is the base for a lot of indoor paints.)

The expensive "seam repair" products are typically just the same PVA cement.

The usual starch or modified starch pastes are just not capable of holding down curls when moisture is present. You need something moisture- resistant, and this necessitates something more complicated (but not necessarily more difficult) to remove.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Oh.

Ok.

Guess we've been doing it wrong all these years. Maybe you could come to work for me & show me how it's done. My business typically grosses only $90K/year. With your knowlege & expertise, I could have you bid my jobs for me. Then you could explain to my clients how it's 'really' supposed to be done.

Reply to
Truitt Bottsford III

Kinch know it all . Even pros can't compete. Nobody but him knows anything about anything.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Being good at hanging paper makes you a polymer chemist?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

But mark, I thought you and -I- had something special?

-- Learn more about 'peeper' Joe Smith

Stormin Mormon