Heat lamp installation

We just remodeled the house and failed to put a heat lamp in the master bath. The only place to easily put it now is on a vertical wall about 10' above the floor height - roughly 4' above the 2 shower heads.

Has anyone ever done an installation on a vertical wall? FYI - The shower area is open to the ceiling which cathedrals over the entire master suite. It's a very open space and very cold when showering.

Reply to
Bob Tarantino

if it's very open, you'd do better with a heater rather than a heat lamp. a lamp is 150 watts, of which some goes to visible light. a heater would be

1500 watts, almost all going to heat. furthermore, the higher the lamp is, the less heat you'll feel from it.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

Since my wife wasn't getting much sun a couple of years ago, and was finding herself feeling kinda punk during the winter, I set up a special light for her. I took a swag light on a chain, hung it above her favorite reading area, put an inline dimmer and separate on/off switch in the line, and put a 200 watt Grow-Light in the socket. The light was 7 dollars from the Depot, total cost on the project was

20 bucks. A dividend was that the chair is in the farthest room of the house, and was chilly during the wintertime. She now has close to full spectrum light when she's reading, and often watches T.V. with it on too. She is warmer, and during the summer she can cut the level back. And I have it running with a little of the dimmer in it as a baseline, so the bulb is operating at less than rated voltage, and will likely last for a long, long time. If I were putting a warmth source in the bathroom, I'd do it the same way. A shower with such an arrangement would be more than just thermally warm. Problem would be that we'd likely use more water. Oh, well, it's pretty cheap. My opinion, worth what you paid.
Reply to
Michael Baugh