Douglas Fir source Dallas, TX

Does anyone know a source for Douglas Fir 2X4's in the Dallas area? The closer to Flower Mound the better. Why is it so hard to find these? I've seen tons of references to using them in workbench projects so I expected to just drive by Home Depot and pick a few up. Lowe's has 1X4 and 1X6 but no

2X. Is this just the wrong part of the country for Douglas Fir or something? For right now I'm just going to laminate a couple 1X4's to get going but would like to find 2X4 for some stuff I have planned soon. Any ideas?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Christopher

Home depot has fir 4x4, which you could resaw to the correct dimension.

Reply to
C Carruth

Try:

Architectural Carpentry Mtrls

6025 Denton Dr Dallas, TX (214) 350-1341

They have high-grade (no knots) douglas fir in 2x4, 1x6, and 2x6

Reply to
Doctor Bill