door dimensions

Am finishing garage shelving..need to put on doors (nice to match rest of garage but not furniture grade). Woodshop is shaker style, so wanted doors to match in general.
If the framing is done with hardwood (likely ash) what is the maxim door dimensions I could use that would not sag or eventually fall out. The vertical opening varies as does the horizontal opening, but imagine horizontal openings that span several feet, like 4'.
Need something that looks good and will hold.

Below is a link to shaker style doors. The "Sheldon" is what I would use to span a large opening. Although, I normally divide large opening in half and make two smaller doors. To insure strong doors, avoid "cope and stick" and use full mortise and tenons.
Dave
http://www.maplecraftusa.com/CabinetDoors/shaker.html

Thanks Dave...more concerned about the doors sagging due to size..any inputs from anyone on how much weight ash will hole before the hinge screws start stripping out..

I really depends on the hinge size and type. Ash is a good wood and with large enough hinges, it will hold anything.
What type of hinge did you have in mind?
Dave