Discussion: Describe your shop!

Dayyyyum. I don't think I could actually work in a shop that looked that good. I'd be afraid to get it dirty.

Reply to
Silvan

Silvan wrote in news:6_-dncBwuYnmFTDdRVn- snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Well of course it's clean. Nobody's turned on the tools, yet. Where's the fun in that?

And 1700 sq ft of flooring? That's a whole HOUSE in many neighborhoods!

Welcome back, Silvan! Is the software finished?

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

On Fri, 21 May 2004 00:41:31 -0400, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

Bob N. from Emmaus, PA is a sumbish for that shop of his. Torgit Urton is a babe. Grok the Schwinnnng! for both babe and shop.

But, to which was Keeter referring, hmmm?

========================================================== Save the |||

Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You have gathered a lot from those tiny pics. Personally, I'd like to see a close up of Torgit.

Joe

Reply to
BIG JOE

20 yr. old craftsman table saw 18 yr. old craftsman radial arm saw 15" Grizzly planer 6" Grizzly jointer Craftsman SCMS Delta drill press Delta motiser Almost every Dewalt hand power tool available Porter Cable plunge router Craftsman router 17" Grizzly band saw Dewalt 20" scroll saw Rigid oscillating spindle sander South bend metal lathe Home made wood steamer Refrigerator Phone Computer with Mastercam software for designing projects AM/FM/CASSETTE/CD player with a 5 CD changer in a custom built cabinet that keeps the dirt out and lets the air in.

three benches two labs one dachshund one English lop house rabbit one wild rabbit who now lives in the house because SWMBO made be save it from one of the labs mouths.

The worthless dachshund and the two rabbits never see the shop. They live in the house with my wife and kid.

Don't really want anything else in the shop

Hundreds of various basket parts, steam bent handles of various sizes, lids, bases, etc. My stepmother started a business making and selling handmade woven baskets in NC. She had some problems getting some quality parts, so I made some that she needed immediately. Now I make everything she needs, (except the reed). I have a water jet at my day job, so sometimes she sends be a picture of something, I scan it into Mastercam, generate a program, take it to work, and cut a pattern out of 1/8 steel. Then depending on the item I saw it close, double stick tape the template to it, and run a flush cutting router bit around it. Also cut alot of custom designs in basket handles with the scroll saw.

Everything gets dusty, I have no dust collection, My shop is a four car garage, so when weather permits, the doors go up and most of the dust goes out.

I work from 7 to 3:30 so I am normally in MY shop at 4:00, take a break for supper around 5:30 after SWMBO gets home from work, then normally it's back to the shop until 9. So its probably comes out to about 4 hours a night during the week. On the weekend, its all day. If I can't find anything that needs done, I just make more basket parts for stock. In the winter, I normally spend the weekend cutting Oak off of my wood lot, then I take them to my uncles saw mill where we saw them into planks for projects two years down the road.

Reply to
Robert Smith