disassembling saw for a move

Hi there,
I've been dreading this day every since the day I first brought home my shiny, new and exceedingly heavy PowerMatic 64A. IT'S MOVING TIME!!!
This model is contractor saw but its gun the extended table (about 5 ft long). What is the best way to get this beast ready for moving. Obviously the less disassembly I have to do, the better but I also don't want to blow an intestine loading this thing into the pickup truck.
All thoughts welcome!
Mitch
When I moved my GI contractor saw (300 pounds, according to their website, don't know how it compares to the Powermatic), I was able to get it on and off the truck myself. First off, I took off the motor and fence rails. They're both easy to get back on and aligned. Secondly, my saw was on a mobile base, like a saw station (I didn't use the legs that came with the saw), so I wheeled the saw over to the back of the truck. My truck is fairly low (i.e. compact to mid-size), so I was able to lift up one end of the saw enough to slide the saw onto the back. At the other end, just reverse all the operations. I was able to move my 14" bandsaw using the same techniques. Both items are heavy, but if you can avoid having to actually pick up the entire weight, they're manageable.
BTW, make sure you lock your mobile base wheels before attempting to slide things onto it.
Clint

Four beefy friends and a case of beer. No disassembly required.

MitchA wrote:

If your moving anyway why not get a truck or van with a lift gate. They are reasonable these days with all the competition.
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"