Diamond hone block question

Just got a set of 3 diamond hones (coarse to fine) on ebay and they were advertised as needing only water as a lubricant which I'd seen before and elsewhere. On the back of the packagaing it says to use mineral oil. Mineral oil? Slight difference of opinion here. Who do I believe? The (probably) Chinese manufacturer or the (possibly) knowledgeable seller?
FoggyTown

$9.99. (ITEM 36799-4VGA)
I hope you didn't pay more than that. ____________________ Even if you are the on right track, you will get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers ____________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Bill Waller wrote:

No, I actually paid less. I guess I can start with water and see what happens.
FoggyTown

Go on, make me jealous. :-)
____________________ Even if you are the on right track, you will get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers ____________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
$6.70 (inc p+p) - not quite low enough to qualify as a gloat.
FoggyTown

I use water with my diamond "stones".
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

That sounds very macho, Owen.. *g*
I bought a bunch of the "harbor freight quality" diamond hone sets for $20.. I think there were 10 sets, fine, med, course..
I use the fine ones dry on my lathe chisels and they seem to work fine.. (I use them dry because they're on my headstock with a magnet)
Mac
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:07:43 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,

I sharpen dry and clean, then clean up the plate with soap and water using an old toothbrush for scrubbing. I nigh onta lost some of my fingerprints once when trying to wipe it clean by hand. ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------- The more we gripe, * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html the longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts