Diamond disks

MY front entry has a white granite slab about 6 feet long and some one area I guess a vein of differnt color causes a black like streak. I thing I need a diamond disk for my drill. What would you suggest? Other grits have no effect on it.

Reply to
joevan

what are you trying to do? if you want to cut it out, yes, a cheap diamond disk in a 4" side grinder will work or a 7" in your skilsaw. don't breath the dust, it's really bad for your lungs and you're only issued 1 pair.

Reply to
charlie

I don't want to cut it out, just smooth out the dark raised area. It makes the step look dirty.

Reply to
joevan

you're not going to smooth it out with a normal tool. you need a stone polisher, sorta like

with a set of diamond pads for it. that will take it from a ground surface down to a mirror shine, depending upon where you're going to stop.

note that if it's a dark vein, it could go to some depth into the stone. it may not be on the surface only.

Reply to
charlie