Deuco saw with changeable blades - score or scrap?

Went to the local Habitat ReStore to check it out. I came across an unusual older saw with interchangeable blades. It had a backsaw, jab, regular, and what looks like a metal cutting blade. Stamped 'W GERMANY' on all of the blades.
Guy at the counter told me $3. I gave hime $5.
I haven't even tried to cut anything with it yet or clean the grunge off of it. Etched with 'DEUCO' on the biggest blade. So is it a score or scrap? Saw
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19460871/MultiSaw.jpg
Logo
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19460871/SawBrand.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------- Get free backup service using Drop Box Access your files from your smartphone or tablet Bonus space provided using this link: http://db.tt/RIONkfbZ
Add pictures here
✖
Limp Arbor wrote:

Score. If the blades are worn out, you can make a lot of nice scrapers.
--
G.W. Ross

I used to be sane, but I'm feeling
✖

Where is the motor? ;)
Add pictures here
✖

The motor came separate

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19460871/motor.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------- Get free backup service using Drop Box Access your files from your smartphone or tablet Bonus space provided using this link: http://db.tt/RIONkfbZ
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 4 May 2012 07:49:51 -0700 (PDT), Limp Arbor

It appears to be both a gutless and a callus-free model. Shameful!
-- Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David M. Burns
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/4/2012 7:48 AM, Limp Arbor wrote:

Only 'Deuco' I've seen before is a Chinese manufacturer; don't know the W Germany connection (and didn't see any sign of that on the pictures posted; on other side of blades I guess?). Maybe they were sold there but imports????
The one surely needs a refiling and sharpening desperately it appears. How good the steel is and whether they'll be worth the effort I don't know but for $5, hey why not? :)
I had a similar set of interchangeables of some no-name that I found in Lynchburg years and years ago. Were handy when doing all the refurb's to have the multiple blades in one package instead of having the full shop complement to drag around, primarily when doing early pre-full-restore work to keep a rental going until started the gutting and rebuild phase when then would move the whole kit-n-kaboodle in and set up a shop area for real.
I'd guess you'll find occasional uses but they won't become your "go tos"...as a clue, I'm sure I didn't throw that set away but I've no idea where I stuck 'em when we made the move back to the farm and that's been over 10 yr now... :) Somewhere in one of the myriad of boxen yet to be unpacked I suppose.
But, it's always fun to pick up something more or less novel... :)
✖