design idea - wooden flashlight

While poking around looking for something completely unrelated, I found this: http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/08/wooden_flashlight.html Looks no harder than a salt/pepper grinder, but a lot cooler and more useful. You could play around with the idea and make all kinds of single- and multi-cell or multi-bulbe flashlights. Or even use LEDs.

It should not be too hard "IF" you can find the hardware for it.
Leon wrote:

Take apart a Maglite. Use the bits you need.

I think you will need all of it. Perhaps slip a Maglite inside a wooden holder.
Leon wrote:

Like a pen kit.
--

-MIKE-

Leon wrote:

Most of the Maglite is aluminum extrusion with some threads cut into them. Replacing those with wooden turnings with threads shouldn't be terribly difficult. You'll have to add some conductive material (copper foil for example) in appropriate locations.

You dont think?
You'll have to add some conductive material (copper foil for

I think it would be easier to simply slip a Maglite in side a hollow piece of wood.

Been done. Google.