Delta X unisaw repair problems

Anybody out there have a clue how to repair / fix the locking handle on the blade height and angle adjustment wheels on the Unisaw? This is a new saw with only a few hours on it and the screw-in locking handle no longer holds a setting. Pretty dangerous condition since the blade can move on it's own during a cut. Can't use the saw until I get a fix and it seems to be a problem internal to the adjustment screw itself.

Reply to
dlsoders

For a new saw the first thing I'd do is contact Delta.

For technical assistance or service parts: USA - (800) 223-7278 ? Canada - (800) 463-3582

Reply to
Nova

Nova wrote in news:vR8uh.8466$qN1.4052@trndny02:

And any X series Unisaw would still be under the five year warranty, I would think.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Go to warranty first if applicable.

I know nothing about Delta X.

I have taken apart, remade, and repaired Delta Unisaw lock pins. There are a pair of brass taper-nosed pins that are pushed by the tip of the center locking handle on the old Unisaws. It takes very little pressure to lock the pins. The reason I have had to remake more than one set had to do with "someone" over tightening the knob. These have been on older used saws. One had been tightened so much it cracked the casting that the pins push against - have to buy new or replacement. I very seldom lock mine, the only time I ever do it is to control a depth cut. I don't think it would ever move, but some cuts need to match. I have NO experience about a Unisaw losing its settings for failure to lock.

Reply to
DanG

That's a problem that you should contact Delta to have fixed by an authorized repair facility or technician

The lock knobs work by extending a tapered pin (by advance from the threads) into the bore of a shaft and the taper contacts two bullet pins that extend through the wall of the shaft and lock onto the ID bore of the appropriate external casting. Only reason for it not to work is if the tapered pin is too short or restricted from advancing far enough or the pins are worn or one or both was left out in the assembly process.

It is under warranty. Use Delta service.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher