Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table Saw (36-320). 2000 Series. The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the correct speed. However when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless. I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on this model.
Any suggestions
Thank You!
Bruce
Is the drivebelt tight enough?

ahem...
--
Regards,
Read it again.

Have you checked to make sure the arbor nut is tight?
--
Regards,

After checking the arbor nut, check your checking account balance. If near $800, get a contractor model saw in place of the direct drive. You won't be sorry. Really, you won't.
It might be a contractor saw. I didn't look up the model so don't know for sure. Mine is and it is also direct induction motor drive. It is also no longer made.
wrote in message news:3HBOg.1474

near
be

Unless you have not tightened the arbor nut tight enough (which could easily be the case from your description), the motor is shot. It isn't cost effect to repair direct drive motors. You could replace it of course, but that might not be cost effective either.
If it were mine, I would use this as an excuse to buy a contractor saw. Most of them will outlast you.
Jim
On 15 Sep 2006 09:25:47 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

You say it is *beltless*....how is it driven?
Assuming that the blade is seated correctly and tight on the arbor, it sounds like you have slippage in the drive. I am not familiar with that saw. Is this a saw you have been using for some time and this issue came up?
On 15 Sep 2006 09:25:47 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Do you have a parts list? does it show a jackshaft assembly on the front end of the motor housing? You might not see it on your saw without taking the front motor cover off. Often "direct" drive saws are geared with a jackshaft assembly that either by gears, or cog wheels and a belt, adjust the arbor shaft output RPM. If the belt is slipping or broken, or the bearings have slack in them allowing the gears to separate under load, you could have that condition. Motor would run, blade would eventually slow or stop.
That said, I am not familiar with the model number and my SV-300 CD service manual, which goes back further than what's on the web site in some cases, does not have it either.
You might call Delta Customer service and ask for tech service to see if they can support it with information. If you are not finding it on the website, however, it may not be supported for parts anyway.
Frank

I may be wrong, but I believe you do have a drive belt that is in the saw's motor housing. The blade is mounted to a jack shaft that is driven with a small toothed belt. The belt is under a cover that is on the opposite end of the motor of the blade. My guess is most of the teeth are gone on the belt causing the drive to slip under load. Greg

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/TableSaws/CS4P (C).htm
wrote in message

Thank you, Ed! I was looking for a break down on this saw but was not going to jump through the "hoops" required to see it on Delta's site. Damn! There IS a belt in there!! ;-) Greg
Greo O
You were right on the money, I took the cover off the other end of the motor and the belt is very much worn with hardly any teeth left.
Thank You everyone for your suggestions
Bruce
Greg O wrote:

Glad to help! You can send my consulting fee to.... Greg
replying to brucebrown100, Fred wrote:

there is a belt inside the motor housing. turn the table upside down. remove the four screws on the cover. you will see the belt it will be striped of tread . oh! I forgot, before turning over the saw crank the blade up to it;s highest and also tilt the blade to its Max. this all takes 10 minutes
replying to Fred, Timely Dude wrote: Pure genius, Fred. Try reading *and comprehending* what has been written before you you stumbled in. Bruce had an answer to his question 2 days short of *TEN FREAKIN' YEARS AGO* So he accomplished, ten years ago, what you say will take ten minutes. Simply wonderful.