Delta Sold!

My passion are the silent, human powered versions. I RIDE to the packy for beer, usually to be asked if I'm riding due to a DUI.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I see no evidence of a sale. Look at the SEC filings, and the recent trading history of Pentair.

I see that Pentair seems to want to sell the Tools Group but that doesn't mean they have a qualified buyer.

RB

David F. Eisan wrote:

Reply to
RB

I was a Homelite sevice dealer from '84 to '89. Homelite was a dying company at that time. Funny to see how a company that was big on chain saws now only sells three differant models! The line has been cut to the bones. I am surprised that the construction site de-watering pumps are still around. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Spoken like a true Normite! Why neander something when a power tool will do it! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

However, I would expect that to be big corporate news, haven't found anything on either

nor on
unless David is privy to information from an insider (who would most likely lose body parts then be fired for disclosing such information), I would expect to see this kind of news announced on both websites. Nothing on
either

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Barry; Ah another WWer and cyclist. I have yet to figure out how to peddle power my TS and safely hold the piece at the same time. A little more research is needed.......

JAW

B a r r y wrote:

Reply to
JAW

I havn't heard any specific news either, but I do own a (very) little Pentair stock so I follow the company's corporate news. Pentair buys and sells companies and gets in and out of businesses on a regular basis. The direction d'jour seems to be towards building their water handling businesses (pumps, waste water handling, pool equipment, etc) and getting away from their tool businesses (of which Delta is only one of several). Seeing Pentair sell off Delta would not surprise me at all.

Reply to
Roy Smith

safely hold the piece at the same

big flywheel. pedal like crazy to get it up to speed, then jump off and make a cut, pedal some more....

Reply to
bridger

safely hold the piece at the same

That could be cool. A pedal powered router table is doable.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Well, it's a darn good thing all I need is a planer, and I already have my sights set on a Woodmaster 718, so Delta/Ryobi can KMA. Time to step up the search for the vintage stuff.

Anybody wanna buy a Delta 31-250 drum sander? Ping me via email.

Jon E

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

I don't think so, at least not this time.

That rumor's been flying around for a while, and considering David works for a Delta dealer, he'd be one of the first to spread the word.

Jon E

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

It may still happen, but given that the corporations involved have made no announcements, all this remains is a rumor. Given the various SEC laws regarding these kinds of transactions, it is highly unlikely that an employee of a customer of one of those companies would be the first to start spreading the word.

Having had first-hand experience with being acquired by a different company, it is one thing to know that your division is on the block, it is entirely another thing to know who is actually buying that division.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita