Delta Sliding Table Attachment

I've always thought the idea of a nice crosscut sliding table attachment for my Unisaw would be a nice addition. But the aftermarket add-ons like the Excalibur were way to big for what I wanted. Just saw the Delta sliding table attachment (delta 34-555) in a catalog and looks like a more practical size version for my use. Have googled and read some feedback on Amazon. Wondering if anyone here has any experience with this add-on and would care to express an opinion?
Gary in KC

A tablesaw crosscutting sled was one of the more useful things I've built in my shop. In fact, three or four of them. The largest of mine takes up to a 22" crosscut.
A Google search on the archives should yield a couple of interesting threads on design and function, from just the last several years. Your financial investment will likely be < $10.
Patriarch
It depends on the type of work you'll be doing. If you are cross cutting lots of small parts this would be a sweet setup. However, if your working with panels or longer pieces on a regular basis this won't have the stability you need.
This is just general opinion. I have not worked with this model. But seeing how most shops I've been in don't have sliding tables unless it's the real deal $20k+ saw you just don't see them.
If I was going to spend $350 on my Unisaw, I would build it into a larger table and build a few cross cut sleds.
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:18:57 GMT, "Gary A in KC"

Just build a sled! <G>
<http://www.bburke.com/wood/sleds.htm
If that dosen't do it, THEN drop the cash!
Barry