Delta Rockwell 28-3X5 Bandsaw

Anyone know anything about this particular saw? I called Delta and looked through the owwm website but haven't had much luck. When I called I gave the lady the serial number (1524032) and she said it was mfd. in August of 1971, but she didn't have any other information. She also said "the x is actually a 4", meaning she thought I read it wrong. I've looked - it's definitely an x. She punched in the serial number and it came up that the machine was a 28-345, and not the 28-3X5 marked on the plate. Who knows.
I have an opportunity to bid on one at an upcoming auction and I was hoping to find out what it's "worth". The new Delta 20"ers go for around $2k. I'm in the market for a good bandsaw and if I can get this one cheap, I'll tweak it out with new guides etc...
Thanks. JP
Look here. http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/BS/BS4A.htm

Tom Woodman wrote:

Thanks for the link, Tom. I'm off to the auction. I think I'll go as high as $300, which I'm sure won't win it. I just don't want to get into yet another major tool restoration project right now unless I can steal it!
JP
You want this for woodworking? It's really designed as a metal bandsaw. I don't think you'll get it for $ 300 either, but it won't be a great woodworking bandsaw (slow speeds, wide blades) and may not be worth your time and trouble.
Jay Pique wrote:

Mike Berger wrote:

It went for $775, and you're right, it was set up for metal.
JP