Delta 18V Cordless Tool Kit

The Delta ShopMaster Model CL180WWK including (1) CL180CS Circular Saw, (1) CL180 Drill/Driver, (1) CL180BN Brad Nailer, (1) CL180JS Jig Saw, (1) CL180PS Pad Sander, (1) CL180FL Flashlight, (1) CL180C One Hour Charger and (1) CL180B (2) Batteries are on sale here in Toronto for CAD299 and I also saw the same kit on Amazon at USD229. Searching for reviews and opinions only brought up a few hits and they appeared to be negative on the lower voltage cordless Delta tools but generally positive on this kit. Has anyone any comments on this particular kit? It seems like good value for money. Who makes these tools?

Thanks for any comments.

Jimbo

Reply to
Jimbo

I am not going to say this kit is good or bad... but a good quality 18 volt drill, charger and 2 batteries will cost you that much.

Thanks for any comments.

Jimbo

Reply to
Leon

sometimes you get lucky. if the batteries, the drill, and one or two other things actually work decent, and last a few years you probably get your moneys worth. there are just a few times whereeach of the tools would come in handy even if they wouldnt hold up to heavy use. and it is 18 volt so an hour charger (lets call it 2 in reality) should keep up with all but the heaviest use.

actually the more i look, i kind of like this set. it doesnt have a recip. saw but the ones that come in the cheapie sets all suck anyway. the sander wont replace a corded one but it would be handy as would the nailer and the jig saw. it wouldnt take me long to get the value of the set back, if the drill held up.

randy

Thanks for any comments.

Jimbo

Reply to