Dead dog?

Page 2 of 3

marc rosen wrote:

No, it was almost completely cooked. Mom had taken it out of the oven and set it on the table for a minute. At the same time, I had accidentally shot myself in the eye with the BB gun I had just gotten for Christmas. Needless to say, I couldn't tell Mom I just shot my eye out, because that's what she had been worrying about all along. I told her that an icicle had fallen off the house and hit me in the face.
Anyhow, I'm getting off track. While mom was tending to me, the dogs got into the house and got at the turkey while it was sitting on the kitchen table. In a matter of seconds the mostly cooked turkey was torn apart by those damn dogs.
Interestingly, Dad noticed that the dogs had come in through the FRONT door, yet it was the BACK door that was left open. That's been a family mystery ever since.
Joe Barta

LOL...
Joe Barta wrote: > It could be worse... when I was a kid, we had this neighbor with a

Sounds like a Christmas Story to me. Is that Christmas of yours still available on DVD or do I have to wait until next Christmas season to buy it?
Are you really that little kid with the glasses and the foul mouth?
Tom in KY, Joe's pulling your leg guys, somebody find his medication.
Squarei4dtoolguy wrote:

Of course it's a Christmas Story. It happened on Christmas, duh.

I have no idea.

I did wear glasses back then, but I rarely had a foul mouth. Dad was another story... boy did my old man have a mouth. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master.
Joe Barta
Joe Barta wrote:

Did your Dad once win a lamp that closely resembled a ladies leg? I believe it was Italian, Right? It said FRAGILE(frajeelee) right?
Pleeeeeeease Mr. Barta, take your medication :-)
Squarei4dtoolguy wrote:

He did. But that's no secret. I've probably told a million people. He did win it... it was a major award. Boy did my mom hate that lamp. One day my mom knocked it off the table and broke it into a hundred pieces. She swore it was just an accident...

I'm not sure what you mean. I do take medication for a vision problem. It was due to a nasty case of soap poisoning from when I was a kid. Supposedly it's just my imagination though.
Joe Barta

Just like the dogs coming in the front door -

Nope. Jean Shepherd died in 1999. He was "the Boy Named Sue," by the way.

Maybe your Dad preferred Chinese food?
Something to think about. :)

We had neighbor dogs just like that. The Bumpous hounds...
Frank Drackman wrote:

What a coincidence! Our neighbors last name was Bumpus!
Joe Barta
<<Yeah, probably best. I heard back from the guy, he came home for lunch and then came to get the dog and apologized all over the place, but there was no harm done, so no harm, no foul. It's still a good dog, I just have to remember to keep the door shut tightly when he's around.>>
Expanding on what Joe said earlier, don't forget to make sure your neighbor never mentions it either. If you clam up but then the neighbor blurts out something to your wife, there's no amount of Urine-Gone that will make her not smell dog pee forever.
Lee

_________________________________
Oh that? That was no big deal, I forgot all about it.

Lee Gordon wrote:

Not to mention, if your neighbor slips, you would have to hear from your wife (from time to time) that you had neglected to tell her such an important thing. Add to that, trying to explain WHY you neglected to tell her might be a little dicey.
In all seriousness though, if your wife is one of those rare and rational troopers, then by all means tell her. With the right woman, the truth is always the way to go. [Did I say that??]
Joe Barta

NO!NO!NO!
Absolutely NOT - do NOT get lulled into a false sense of bravery because you think you wife is rational.
wives are NOT rational when it comes to dog ( or cat ) pee!! DAMHIKT!
You have been WARNED!
Yeah but im sure the pee will have soaked up into the endgrain of the feet and ONLY when you move it to take it inside will it really start to release its odour . . . OK kill the DOG

--

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com

I agree...and next time you are over at the neighbor's house, you know what to do. :-)
Mike O.
Mike O. wrote:

ROFLMAO
--
Thank you,

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:10:47 GMT, B a r r y

I'm reminded of the youngster who accidently drops his toothbrush in the toilet. When he retreives it and starts to wash it off his Dad stops him and tells him he better just throw it out and they'll get a new one. So the kid throws it in the trash, then takes his Dad's toothbrush and tosses it in the trash as well. "What did you do that for" his Dad asks. "Well, I dropped yours in the toilet last week" he says. <G>
Lenny http://www.geocities.com/lenhow / http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Work
Brian Henderson (in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com) said:
| Luckily, I already had two coats of stain and a coat of poly on it | and was about to put the second coat of poly on today, so there was | no damage done. It got wiped off, I sprayed some odor remover and | I'm waiting to make sure there's no smell before I put on the | second coat of poly.
Hmm. I think I'd be tempted to put the third coat on the /dog/.
| Now I'm wondering if I should tell my wife or if it should be one of | those "errors" that we, as woodworkers, know are there, but we don't | talk about. ;)
Nooooo! (Tell her what? Did we miss something?)