Dado blade teeth?

I noticed some dado sets like the Forrest King have 24 tooth outside blades while Dimar has 24 and 46 available. Is there any particular reason a person would buy a 24 tooth set instead of a 46 tooth on an 8" stacked dado set? Wouldn't a 46 tooth naturally make a better cut than a 24 tooth? Or is there other reasons why I should buy a set with 24 tooth outside blades? Regards. -Guy