dado blade not square

I recently purchased a set of General dado blades. When I cut a 1/4 inch dado the groove isn't exactly square. On the top edges it cuts points deeper and the middle of the groove is flat. I tried it on 2 different table saws and I still have the same problem. I exchanged them for another set and the same thing happens. Does anyone have any advice?
When cutting a 1/4" dadio, are you just using the two outside blades of the set? (i.e. no chippers). If aso, what you describe is probably normal as the outside blades likely don't have flat teeth, rather bevelled ones which produces this effect, the same as if you cut a groove using a single sawblade, you will often see "batman" like "ears" on both sides of the cut. It weill probably be less noticeable when you cut wider dados using some of the chippers too.
--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
: I recently purchased a set of General dado blades. When I cut a 1/4 : inch dado the groove isn't exactly square. On the top edges it cuts : points deeper and the middle of the groove is flat. I tried it on 2 : different table saws and I still have the same problem. I exchanged : them for another set and the same thing happens. Does anyone have any : advice?
Most dado sets do that. FWW did a review in 2007 which evaluated a lot of sets, and gave ratings for the flatness of the dado, and the scoring marks left by the outside blades.
    -- Andy Barss

If you are talkin a stack dado then cutting a slight groove on either side is intended to reduce tearout.
If you are talking a wobble dado, they only cut flat on one setting, usually 3/4
In either case a skilled sharpener can adjust either to your needs.
For example I make sure the points of a stack dado read about 8 thousanths of an inch higher than the flats when grinding.