Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

Me either... The ideal white Christmas for us the sand on the beach.. The older I get, the less I like being cold..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

You want an arguement, change the subject.

High today in SoCal is around 60F.

IT SUCKS.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The temperature here today (at 4:30 PM) is 59 degrees. We had heavy rain this AM. Along with the melting snow things are a little wet.

Reply to
Nova

Nice!

Fall, too!

Reply to
B A R R Y

EXCEPT at 7000 feet where it started at about 8dF and spiraled all the way up to 34 now. We started with about 3.5 feet of powder. Then over Christmas, it rained, sleeted, and ended up with freezing temps. Our street is a sheet of ice covered with a thin layer of snow. If you can get up here through the hordes of snow play people and skiers/snowboarders, bring some 60dF weather. grump, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

May our paths (skiers and snowboarders) never cross.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

jo4hn wrote in news:Xe6dncy9UZyPJMvUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

I can sympathize, we had something similar. It snowed and freezing rained just enough to make removal impractical and then later in the week we got a freezing rain storm that left behind 1/4 - 1/2" of ice.

The good news for us is that warmer temperatures have come (we even got up to 71!) and melted all this junk away. The bad news is with the melt comes the storms, and there was a tornado about 45 miles south of here.

It may not always be enjoyable, but weather's usually interesting in the Midwest.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Hey, it could be worse, Lew.. You could be in N. Dakota.. lol My inlaws are freezing their butts off there..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

On my way back from Toronto, yesterday, the outside temp gauge in my truck said 15 C. (Which is like 60F for those who haven't figured out metric yet.)( Water freezes at 0, boils at 100...now is that so hard?? )

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Pat Barber

They're disposable filter bags designed for picking up drywall dust. I've only seen them available for the "Shop-Vac" and the Porter Cable vacs.

Reply to
Nova

The Festool and Fein vacs have them too.

Reply to
Robatoy

well, it's 59, but who's counting?

Metric is great for wrenches and sockets.. I hate fractions.. Oh.. and we set the AC in the bedroom to 30c at night..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

A drywall bag is simply a disposable filter bag, fine enough to contain drywall dust. I buy them in the Shop Vac (generic term...) section, wherever Shop Vac accessories, like filters and hoses, are sold.

I find that the bag provides a steadier suction for longer than a HEPA filter by itself. My HEPA filters seem to clog quite readily with sanding junk. The bags also make the job of emptying the vacuum much cleaner, but they aren't all that cheap. Since the main use of my vacuum is with handheld sanders, I don't worry too much about the extra cost. The bags last me a long time.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Problem is that your body can pretty well detect 1 degree F differences. Unfortunately 1 degree C is about 2 degrees F, so unless your thermostat gives you 1/2 degree C setting increments, it's not hard to have a significant discomfort factor because you can't tune the temperature as finely.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

My wife can detect 10ths...

Reply to
B A R R Y

I can detect my wife's cold feet in the middle of my back. ;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Have you tried a "CleanStream" filter. They too are initially expensive but I've been running the same one in my Sears shop vac for about 6 years.

Nova

I do have a couple of the Cleanstream and they are nice.

I just thought these drywall bags might make things easier.

I also use my shop vac for most sanding operations but that fine dust is hell on even the Cleanstream.

Dumping those shop vacs can be a VERY nasty operation.

Maybe Craftsman makes a similar bag.

Nova wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

If you're going through a lot of bags, a mini cyclone would save you money in the long run.

-Kevin

Reply to
LEGEND65