Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

Page 2 of 5
"jo4hn" wrote:

May our paths (skiers and snowboarders) never cross.<grin>
Lew

I can sympathize, we had something similar. It snowed and freezing rained just enough to make removal impractical and then later in the week we got a freezing rain storm that left behind 1/4 - 1/2" of ice.
The good news for us is that warmer temperatures have come (we even got up to 71!) and melted all this junk away. The bad news is with the melt comes the storms, and there was a tornado about 45 miles south of here.
It may not always be enjoyable, but weather's usually interesting in the Midwest.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.

Hey, it could be worse, Lew.. You could be in N. Dakota.. lol My inlaws are freezing their butts off there..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

On my way back from Toronto, yesterday, the outside temp gauge in my truck said 15 C. (Which is like 60F for those who haven't figured out metric yet.)( Water freezes at 0, boils at 100...now is that so hard?? <G>)

well, it's 59, but who's counting?
Metric is great for wrenches and sockets.. I hate fractions.. Oh.. and we set the AC in the bedroom to 30c at night..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Problem is that your body can pretty well detect 1 degree F differences. Unfortunately 1 degree C is about 2 degrees F, so unless your thermostat gives you 1/2 degree C setting increments, it's not hard to have a significant discomfort factor because you can't tune the temperature as finely.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

My wife can detect 10ths...
B A R R Y wrote:

I can detect my wife's cold feet in the middle of my back. ;-)
--
Froz...

B A R R Y wrote:

Then she really won't like a metric thermostat.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

She has yet to meet a thermostat she likes.
They ALL lie! <G>

Mine definitely doesn't.. Between being cold and having "power surges" where she burning up, some nights get really interesting..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
: mac davis wrote:
:> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:54:48 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
:> :>>On my way back from Toronto, yesterday, the outside temp gauge in my :>>truck said 15 C. (Which is like 60F for those who haven't figured out :>>metric yet.)( Water freezes at 0, boils at 100...now is that so hard?? :>><G>) :> well, it's 59, but who's counting? :> :> Metric is great for wrenches and sockets.. I hate fractions.. :> Oh.. and we set the AC in the bedroom to 30c at night.. :>
: Problem is that your body can pretty well detect 1 degree F differences. : Unfortunately 1 degree C is about 2 degrees F, so unless your thermostat : gives you 1/2 degree C setting increments, it's not hard to have a : significant discomfort factor because you can't tune the temperature as : finely.
One of very many examples of the metric/celsius system being less well tuned to the human body and human experience than imperial/farenheit.
    -- Andy Barss

For sure.... Unfortunately, metric controls are what we get in Mexico..
Some nights during the summer, 30 isn't getting the job done and 29 is a little chilly... I'd really prefer F over C for AC..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I think the thermostat upstairs is in a cold spot, since I had to adjust it to 59F to get the temp in the bedroom to 22C ...
--
Best regards
Han
mac davis wrote:

The solution to that, I would think, is to smuggle in a non-metric thermostat.
--John

Or use an analog thermostat.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

We can't, as far as I know.. The unit (mini-split) is on the wall and the only control is the remote for it.. I asked Trane if the remote and/or the AC unit could be programmed for Fahrenheit, they said not possible..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

the next question is whether or not the user can be programmed for Celsius...
    :-)     jo4hn

Well, we've sort of had to reprogram, especially my wife.. The oven is in C also, so she has to do the math for most of her baking.. Now, if they'd stop moving the Peso around, I could figure out how much we spend on utilities and stuff..lol