cutting plugs with hand drill?

I need 7/16" plugs to cover some screw holes in a current project. Much to my surprise, the only pre-cut plugs available come only in these sizes: 3/8", 1/2" and 5/8" sizes. I can buy a plug cutting bit in 7/16" diameter but I don't own a drill press. I don't really have much use for a drill press, and I'd like avoid buying one just for this purpose. Is there anyway to rig a hand drill to cut plugs?
Thanks much for you help.
"Jenson" writes:

anyway
Time for a friend with a drill press and a 12 pack of something like St Pauli Girl, Guinness, Becks, etc.
And before you ask, Budweiser, Millers and Coors are not considered beers.
They are products from a discontented horse, IMHO.
Good luck.
--
Lew

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Feh. I'll do it for a 12-pack of MGD. That's my current swill of choice for some reason. Reliving my college years I guess.
7/16"? I'm not sure if I have a plug cutter that size.

Amen :-).
Forget brand names - look for porter or stout :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

-------------- You might find one of these things handy: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts3329&id 814
(If the link screws up it is a Wolfcraft Portable Drill Stand)
I've got one and it spends most of its life attached to my corded drill. (doesn't fit my cordless jobby) I use it to help me make sure the hole is actually straight. I can take the whole contraption to the workpiece and drill away with reasonable success. So it is very versatile as to where and under what conditions it can be used.
You can use my drill press if you are in the west suburban Chicago area.

anyway
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome .
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Barber shop? Those still exist? Our last one closed out a bit ago. He sold it to some chick who charges twice as much and makes you get an appointment. She doesn't do the straight razor and hot soap thing either, so it doesn't feel like a hair cut.
Rockler has a drill guide http://tinyurl.com/setp that seems substantial in fit and fininsh. If you get something like this how about a review.
Erik

Rockler has a drill guide http://tinyurl.com/setp that seems substantial in fit and fininsh. If you get something like this how about a review.
Erik

anyway
Just WHAT am I missing here? You are looking to cut plugs that are, what, 1/2" at most? Put your cutter in your hand held drill and go for it. I see no reason you can't hold the drill steady enough to cut as many as you need in about 5 minutes.
JMHO,
Pat..

anyway