Cutting a spiral pedestal on a table saw?

My wife's uncle was just describing a jig his son had that could cut a spiral shape on a pedestal using a table saw. It sounded to me like some sort of jig that would feed a piece of stock across the blade and use a shallow cove cut that would create a spiral by rotating the stock across the cove cut setup. Has anyone in this group seen such a jig? Does anyone have any information or plans for making one?
Thanks,
Kevin
What youy are describing sounds very similar to this:
De Cristoforo's Complete Book of Power Tools Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 72-90935 SBN: 60-010999-8
See discussion of the rotojig pages 69 through 76 in the first section on Table Saws.
I constructed one of these jigs in the early eighties.The jig shown will accomodate a spindle diameter of 2.75 in. ( Assumptions: 10 in dia blade with a 3 in cut ). If you require a larger diameter, you could scale up the dimensions accordingly.
Thanks! I'll have to go down to our library and check it out!
What youy are describing sounds very similar to this:
De Cristoforo's Complete Book of Power Tools Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 72-90935 SBN: 60-010999-8
See discussion of the rotojig pages 69 through 76 in the first section on Table Saws.
I constructed one of these jigs in the early eighties.The jig shown will accomodate a spindle diameter of 2.75 in. ( Assumptions: 10 in dia blade with a 3 in cut ). If you require a larger diameter, you could scale up the dimensions accordingly.
That book is very cheap:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
snipped-for-privacy@gearhardt.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gearhardt.com wrote:

Are you sure it was used with a table saw and not a router. It sounds like the Craftsman Router Crafter.
I don't think Sears sells them any more. There are a number of Router Crafters for sale on ebay. Here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 781&itemC86581647&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Try this out-
http://www.zentilfamilia.com/finewood.pdf
The setup is for a router and a lathe, but I'd be willing to bet that you could adapt the pulley system for use with your saw with a little monkeying around.