cut ups

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:59:14 -0500, "Dave O'Heare" <oheareATmagmaDOTca> calmly ranted:>

No, they had failed to tell me that only the center portion of the lens (Varilux) had any correction in it. I wanted to rip the gal's head off since she was the one who should have let me in on that little secret. I could have told her it would n't work for me without two weeks worth of trial, hassle, headaches, neck aches, and total. frustration.

Ditto here. I couldn't even see the rear view mirrors in the truck without turning my head each time, and I did that half a dozen times a minute. Long eyelashes probably contributed to my problem with the lenses, but overall it was a complete fiasco.
Eff that noise, and Off with their heads!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk
"Larry Jaques" wrote

Maybe if you change your brand of mascara and eyeliner, the long eye lashes wouldn't be so much of a problem. ;)
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:31:22 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

Yeah, I'll switch to a limp mascara. That'll do the trick! Gee, thanks, Lee!
----------------------------------------------- I'll apologize for offending someone...right after they apologize for being easily offended. ----------------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Inoffensive Web Design
<snip>

When the eye doc I've been seeing for 15 years was out of the office on holiday, and his associate saw me, I learned a lot of things about my eyes, my glasses, and the problems I'd been having. She is _really_ good; a mom who wanted to stay current and busy, but only work one to four days a month.
My new glasses are ready to pick up now. I'd have gotten them today, if I could have gotten the glaze to cover decently on this latest blanket chest. I _HATE_ it when the finish changes radically in mid-project! What was supposed to be a simple project with the DIL has gotten to be a finishing nightmare, what with the cold-for-northern-California weather this week.
We'll see how things work in a post-Varilux world.
Patriarch
"Dan Valleskey" <valleskey at comcast dot net> wrote in message

Take advantage of it. What better example of teaching them what not to do than showing them graphic examples. You can start of the lesson by telling them that even the most capable person can have an accident if they don't follow the safety rules.
I held it right up, no sense trying to weasel out of it. They got a laugh out of it too.
We made mice- carved, basswood. Two small cuts, besides mine.
-Dan

On 12/27/2004 9:02 PM Dan Valleskey wrote:

Oh -- you keep sawdust on your shop floor to sop up blood with, too?
--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus

<snip>
Dan,
Like Upscale said, make this a good opportunity to teach others. Your glasses are a tool...of sorts. I've heard it said that a dull knife is more dangerous than a sharp knife. I think your under-prescribed glasses may be a case in point. Woodwork Safely, Jim Barry http://www.WoodchuckCanuck.com
"Dan Valleskey" <valleskey at comcast dot net> wrote in message

I'm going to have 8 Weblos to instruct Thursday... I made a conscious decision to stick with relatively low risk tools: coping saw, back saw, block plane, sand paper, compass, ruler, pencil, vise, clamps.
I did a one-on-one with my son for pocket knives, whittling, and using carving tools. That instruction took hyper vigilance and 8 kids would have been 7 too many. There is no way I'd subject myself to a den full of kids with knives... I plan for success! ;-)
John
It was .... okay. Had two moms to help. 6 boys. two small cuts.
They needed to have it for a woodchip card, so they can carry their knives to camp.
The shop thing comes next month. Bat houses, I think. Last year (with eight year olds, and one dad per kid) we did bird houses, used air nailers, drills, power screw drivers, but the table saw cuts were done ahead of time by me and another dad.
I've let the boys use the stationary belt sander on pinewood cars. They use the drill press. Scroll saw. Band saw I use, though I offered it once to a Webelos. He declined using it, no big deal.
-Dan
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:00:03 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"