Curved Raised Panel

I don't ever do anything easy so I am building a high end bar in my pool room. I want the corner of the bar to be curved. I am making the face of the bar raised panel. When I make the radius at the L shaped corner I want to continue the raised panel. Has anyone made a curved raised panel or am I wrong thinking there must be a way. I am sure it wouldn't be easy. I was thinking I could steam the panel and bend it . If I could do that that still leaves the rail and stiles. How could I possibly router those. Any Ideas

Look at this site and see if you see anything like you are talking about. http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/door / Then read his tips before asking.
in

Ack. Now you did it, Leon. You broke Tom's website.

How tight is the radius of the curve Howard? I'm imagining that it would have to be pretty tight in order to be practical. Maybe too tight for a bend? How about a square, butted corner with a buildup inside the corner. That way you can form the radius you want, and that radius can be pretty tight, and then route/hand tool (as necessary) the contour of the raise. As for the rails, if the radius is too tight for a bend, then build up strips into a laminate over a form and leave groove enough in your buildup for the panel to float in. It may take some hand tooling to get the profiles to match your straight pieces that you run through the router, but it doesn't seem insurmountable.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net