Crown cuts on table saw

I don't have a miter saw, but do have a radial arm, table saw and band saw. I know you hold crown moulding upside down in a miter saw, but do you hold it "right side up" if I make a jig to cut crown on the table saw? How about using a jig on the bandsaw? (14" Delta) Thanks in advance.

Reply to
John Graser

I would think on a table saw you would still do it upside-down, but also "backwards". So the face would be facing away from you instead of at you on a miter saw.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Not to interrupt your thread... I'll be watching closely, but:

I did crown moulding as one of my first projects. I have a 10" combo miter saw.... I just made a jig that was a half square... representing the ceiling... pushed the crown into place and cut it right side up. It turned out ok.

So why do it upside down?

Mike W

Reply to
Mike W.

"John Graser" wrote in news:pL%Mb.45695$nt4.79953@attbi_s51:

For the life of me, I can't figure out how you're going to make crown molding on the bandsaw, jig or no.

Reply to
Hitch