Crapsman lives up to it's title

Page 3 of 3

thing went off just as I touched a wire.
Frank
Frank Ketchum writes:

Once would do it for me. Scrap can't tingle you.
Charlie Self "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin - it's the triumphant twang of a bedspring." S. J. Perelman
On 11 Feb 2004 18:53:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

I've had the phone ring just as I touched a hot wire with no gloves on. Or how about the wire poking through the glove and sticking you? It feels just like a current even if you're not grounding yourself anywhere.
Ah, there's nothing like working with the power on for true excitement and blood circulation!
--
Impeach 'em ALL!
Frank Ketchum wrote:

I suppose thats Craftsmans fault too?
"Grandpa" <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

Nice try Grandpa, but your criticism of me is unfounded. I made a legitimate point in my original post and it stands on it's own. If you would care to defend Craftsman's safety precautions in the mentioned commercial, please do. I would like to hear it.
Like BB's off a battleship..... Frank
Frank Ketchum wrote:

Actually sir, you did not make a legitimate point at all, unless you purport to be a cheesy lawyer. Craftsman is not at fault for where someone opted to stand while cutting a board. Its the fault of the person doing it. Your title implies it was a shitty tool, not the case, just a shitty decision by he who was cutting the wood, and perhaps they who were supposed to edit the clip.
As for the latter, look at the title of this specific thread again. It has nothing to do with Craftsman whatsoever unless they are sellng cell phones now.
Grandpa wrote:

Actually it was the marketers who were trying to show teamwork and bonding. How Man and Woman can work together to accomplish complicated and involved tasks, and do it with cheer.
Marketing has seemed to have taken a turn to appeal to the clueless and the dumbasses.
All I can say is, had I been driving the station wagon the squirrel would be road kill, a grease spot, and I would be washing it's guts from my quarter panel.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
As has been mentioned (with links) in this thread, the deaf and hard of hearing have various flasher devices that can be hooked up to doorbells and telephones, so that a light flashes when the doorbell or phone rings. I was dependent on these devices for a few years until I got a cochler implant (think bionic ear).
John
Mark REM writes:

They don't make that big a splash. Try whapping a whitetail some time.
Charlie Self "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin - it's the triumphant twang of a bedspring." S. J. Perelman
Agree, a couple of 2way FRS radios work fine in this situation, as well as for when you are mowing the grass, etc.
Also, they eliminate the dreaded "Where is my wife/husband now that I am done shopping in the huge warehouse stores/etc. Used to drive me crazy when we would go to Sam's or Costco, or whatever, I have 2 or 3 items to pickup, and SWMBO decides to "look around" while I hunt up the items on the list. Of course, it never fails, I find the 2 or 3 items in record time, and am at the check out counter griping under my breath about leaving her there if she doesn't show up soon, OR just never bring her with them again. In those cases, having both of us carrying the little 2way radios means that the ugly scenario never happens, as I radio her when I head for the checkout, and she can radio me if she sees something we need to add to the shoping cart
John
On 11 Feb 2004 08:41:18 -0800, Dusty snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Dusty Workshop) wrote:

John Crea wrote:

My grandson gave me a set up wireless intercoms for Christmas. They work well. I usually take my cell phone with me and it vibrates when it rings (sometimes the most fun I have in a day!). -- Cell phone could be hand in case of accident also. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
John Crea wrote:

Oh yeah, I feel your pain. It's one of the fundamental differences between men an wimminz I think.
Two way radios huh? That's not a bad idea. Though I still prefer avoiding shopping with SWMBO entirely.
If I really didn't want her along, I would plan a single purpose trip and tell her that I was going out for TOOLS, or Shop Supplies, and typically she is not all that interesting in riding along and watching me gloat/drool over tools, screws, etc.
However, there are just too many times we are out for a movie or dinner, or whatever, and I need to make a quick run into the Borg and she comes along, and those situations the radios are a blessing. Also work great in places like CostCo or Sam's Club
John
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:02:33 -0500, Silvan

John Crea wrote:

Movie? Dinner? I've heard these words before, but I can't remember what they mean. I think they refer to stuff we used to do before we had children.
<snip>

Oooh, I don't know about that. YMMV, but my cell phone sometimes startles the heck out of me when it's on vibrate. I had already rejected that idea for myself while in the shop after just about jumping out of my chair in the office a few times. It's a good think computers don't have spinning blades!
Tom

to carry a pager whenever I was away from home. I got so used to having that stupid thing on my belt that I sometimes forgot to take it off when I got home. One evening, I was just about to feed a board into the table saw -- had the blade spinning, and was just setting the board onto the table -- full concentration on the saw and the board -- when the damn thing went off, and I jumped. If it had been just *two*seconds* later, I would have had board in blade. Never again!