Craftsman Jointer Parts?

I recently picked up a 6 1/8" jointer model number: 149.23628 . The guy I bought it from did not have the blades or the blade (clamps?) or the associated screws. I went to Sears to inquire about the lot and they only sell a "kit" that runs about 75.00. I know the blades run about 10.00 -

13.00 in Sears but cannot understand how they can get approximately 65.00 for the rest. Anyone know of a place or person who might have these that I can purchase cheaper? I mean we are only talking about 8 screws and 2 pieces of steel? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Kevin
Reply to
yobosaeyo

I too had a simular problem, when restoring an old six inch jointer that weighed 400 pounds! Went to a machine shop and had the jointer plates and cap screws made. It cosrt me about 75 bucks four four jointer plates and 12 round cap screws. The cap screws have round tops. If they are not round (cap screws) you will have a hell of a time trying to align the knives.

Reply to
Not Telling

There is a technical term for this. It is know as "we have you by the balls ! ! !"

Not the type of thing that a third party is interested in making as there is no volume to it. So, they just have to decide how hard to squeeze Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Try Sears Parts{

} site with the complete model number they can get the part (knives) alone. not kit.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Grunenberg

Well, you could buy carbide at $135.Saves on resharpening.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Yep... Gotta love that Sears place. Who else would have the gonads to charge

2.17 per screw with eight needed for the blade clamps? Hell that was the bulk dollar wise for the damn parts!
Reply to
yobosaeyo