Craftsman elec 16in 3.5 chainsaw, chain brake won't release, any suggestions?

I was using the chain saw and it was working fine, next cut, the chain brake wouldn't release. Any suggestions on what to check or fix?
take it apart and clean it. most times, sawdust gets in the slip ring if that is what it has.... blow it out with air......