Craftsman Carve Wright System

I have been looking at the Craftsman CarverWright system and would like some feed back from those who have tried it. I know if you go to

you can download the software and see a short demo.... But what's it really like in action.

How good does it carve pictures? I know it works off a gray scale but how easy is it to get a good image?

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
tdup2

Have any been shipped yet?

Reply to
Leon

Might want to build your own

affiliation, yadda, yadda)

-George-

Reply to
George Gibeau

Google the archives. There has been considerable discssion here though none from anyone who owns one. Maybe that says something

Reply to
CW

Won't be long before you'll be able to suit up in your best Norm shop warrior attire, click up your Tom Plamann avatar and, in the comfort of your computer chair, make a carved staircase before lunch.

Reply to
Swingman

Have you tried looking at the forum on CarveWright's site. They were selling these units a good time before Sears picked it up. More specific trafffic from actual users than the "wreck".

Dave Paine.

Reply to
Tyke

Not me. I run a shop full of those robotic monsters all day. Not going to do it at home. BTW, we have two new ones coming in next week. Spent last Friday tearing out walls and getting rid of old machinery to make room.

Reply to
CW