Craftsman align-a-rip xrc fence

I bought the aforementioned rip fence on eBay, but much to my chagrin it didn't come with anything except the fence and the rails (that is, no mounting hardware). I talked to Sears parts and while they'll gladly sell me the manual for $6, they don't physically have access to the manual so they can't tell me what I need to mount it. If anyone has the manual or the fence and can tell me what I need (brackets, nuts, etc) to install, I'll be most grateful.
thanks,
danbo
I dug out my alignarip manual. It is the old one piece rails; I think yours is two piece? Anyhow, they don't supply any mounting hardware, just the rails, fence, and end caps for the rails. All the mounting hardware is supposed to be from your old fence. They show assembly with square head nuts, but don't give any sizes. (and no, I am not taking mine apart to measure them)
So, you didn't get screwed on Ebay! Well, that's something isn't it?

danbo wrote:

It slides on something that bolts to the table. Bolts go through the table, then into "something." There's a slit along the back of the extrusion, and it slides over the threaded bits of the bolts, and is retained by this "something." I can't remember if it was square head nuts, as suggested by the other poster, or T-shaped nuts, or just regular hex nuts or what.
I'd say they were probably square in some fashion to keep them from turning in the groove, come to think of it, so that puts us down to square head nuts or maybe T-shaped nuts. If you can't come up with anything else, you could probably make something out of BORG bar stock if you have a tap and die set and a hacksaw or similar.

in the groove, come to think of it, so that puts us down to square head nuts or maybe T-shaped nuts. <<<<
If it's like my 315-228390, the one with the cast iron extension with the router mount that they closed out just before they came out with the cabinet saws. My manual shows 12 square head 5/16-18 X 3/4 bolts (part # 979879-001), 12 5/16 washers and 12 5/16-18 hex nuts. This was for a saw with extensions on both sides.
I believe you can go to Sears web site and download a manual for a 315-228390 saw and have a look at the set up. That same fence was used on quite a few saws if I'm not mistaken. Rob Mills ~
Square head bolts. About 1/4" x 1 1/2" (IIRC--measure thru the table edge to be sure). The head of the bolt slips into the channel at the back of the rails, then thru the holes in the edge of the table and any extensions. I don't remember washers, but they wouldn't be a bad idea.
Pretty quick to mount. If this doesn't make sense you could probably find a PDF at the Sears/Craftsman website. Otherwise, ping me and I'll try to find my manual and send you a copy.
I've been very pleased with this fence.
Dan
Silvan responds:

Square head nuts. I just re-assembled my TS3650 Ridgid, which uses essentially the same fence. If you can't wait, you've got a problem. Get the Craftsman manual, and order the parts: sizing with square nuts is one problem; finding the suckers in any size at any reasonable local spot is another, at least in my area. The square heads slide into a groove on the back of the extrusion. If the table is not exactly flat in front, you'll need some brass shim stock, too. T nuts PROBABLY won't work...most are too long in one dimension, too narrow in the other.
Also, getting the length (IIRC, about 1-1/2" but don't take that to the bank) right is a problem. You can measure the slot on the rear of the extrusion to get the head size, but...length and shank diameter are then iffy (of course, get 5/16", with 2" shank length and extra washers, if you really want to do it without the manual, once you know the head size). You might be able to grind down larger hex nuts into fairly decent simulated "square" nuts that would work. Go oversize on the head and grind two flats down to the size you need.
Charlie Self "I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush
I recently upgraded my Craftsman table saw with an Align-a-Rip fence and, while the manual does not call out the parts, it came with a bag full of black 5/16-18 X 3/4 square head bolts, hex nuts and washers. The bolts slide into the T-slot in the fence rail extrusion and are inserted thru the bolt holes in the cast iron table (and extensions). The washers and hex nuts are threaded onto them and tightened to hold the rail in place. Hex head bolts will work in place of square head if you have to supply your own.
If your table saw is not a Sears, you may be on your own concerning the mounting of the rails.