Covering metal shelves

In my new shop I have some Steelcase metal cabinets I picked up for $100 and I want to cover the shelves with some sheet vinyl left over from a bathroom floor. It isn't a thick vinyl but should last for some years as shelf liner. I am looking for the name of some spray-on glue that I can use. I would like to be able to removed the vinyl when necessary.
Spray on rubber cement -if there is such a thing- would work if applied correctly but it has been years since I used it. I am guessing that today there are more options.
Anybody have a recommendation.
Jim
On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 18:53:17 -0500

why not just lay it on and leave it
will it slide around
if removing it is a criteria it will be messy no matter what adhesive you use
although maybe some dbl sided tape would do
On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 6:53:22 PM UTC-5, swalker wrote:

3M spray glue, at your auto parts store, for head liners and for foam products, should do the job just fine. I'm sure there are other brands, as well.... at hobby shops, Walmart, etc.
Do a practice spray, as the nozzle tip is likely for a narrow spray at close range and wide spray for farther away.
Usually, clean up is with mineral spirits, if you get any glue on something other than desired. Read the can for clean up.
When done, turn the can upside down and spray until clean air comes out, to clear the nozzle tip, otherwise, next time you use it, the tip will be clogged.
Sonny
On 7/17/2016 6:53 PM, swalker wrote:

If you want to be able to remove it an adhesive is probable going to be too permanent. I would go with double stick carpet tape.