Cordless Saws - Bosch/Dewalt/Others?

Planning to upgrade from a trashed out Ryobi to something of more substance and was looking at the Bosch 1662 and Dewalt 936 18VDC saws. Anyone out there have any suggestions or comments or should I also look at some other brands? The Ryobi is a joke, but was also a gift so I need to be cool about a new saw but it can't even cut a full sheet of 3/4 ply without a battery charge. BTW, I normally prefer Bosch tools but in this case, I can buy the Dewalt at a lower cost.
I've got the DeWalt 12V cordless saw and have been very happy with it. The batteries last well and haven't found any problems with it. I've used it for 4-5 years without a hitch. I'm sure the 18V has more power but it also has more weight. They have a wide selection of blades etc... Good luck.
I have the Milwaukee 18V Great saw. However, All of my cordless are Milwaukee and the batteries are interchangeable.
As they say in drag racing (or at least used too) "run what ya brung!" In other words, all of your cordless tools should have interchangeable batteries. IMHO
Dave

substance
about
Your Ryobi must be related to mine, as mine also will not cut a full shut of 3/4 with a battery swap. I junked it and replaced it with a Milwaukee 18V cordless circ saw. That thing made 14 cuts in 3/4 MDO before the battery petered out. My recommendation to you is Milwaukee.
Bob

substance
about
bob wrote:

That Ryobi sounds pretty sad, my little 9.6v makita does better, I used it to cut up a whole sheet of 3/4" mdf to build a router table