Converting my PC 7529 router to above table adjustment

I have a PC 7529 router and wanted above table adjustment like the

8529 (yeah, I know - I should have bought an 8529 when the Borg was clearance selling them). After looking at the 8529 I went home and took off my base and the bottom of the adjustment screw was right there. So I center punched it and drilled a hole in it (somewhat smaller than a 3/16ths allen wrench). I then cut off a section of 3/16ths allen wrench about 3/4" long, chucked it in my benchtop DP and used a file to take about half of it down to fit in the hole. I ground a couple of flats on the end then put it into the hole with a little JB weld. Now it adjusts just like the 8529. I may buy one of the knob kits they sell for the 8529 that includes the bent wrench for above the table bit changes. Not a big thing, but it improves the use of the router in the table considerably and cost essentially nothing. At one point I believe that PC would retrofit a 7529 for about $50 - I assume that would have included the adjusting knob/wrench kit which sells for $20.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

The knob/wrenches/threaded rod kit (PN 907320) sells for about $40 shipped on the internet.

- GRL

Reply to
GRL