contrasting wood question

Page 2 of 2

DMGS after one of your previous posts, I typed the name correctly, so I didn't even get my original site in the search at all. This is one of the reasons I was confused by your messages.) Thank you for pointing it out! I wish you had simply said so directly at the beginning.
+ + + It gets very tiresome pointing out misspellings to people who don't care about spelling (which was how the misspellings came into being in the first place) + + +

To most people this is just white oak, but there are differences.

species designation for the wood in question.
+ + + Color can vary somewhat within a species. It is not easy to say something definite about it. + + +

then put two and two together.

generally more effective communication.
+ + + Straight talk would have been: "Quit yacking and go buy a nice maple cutting board" and likely would not have been appreciated. Also, what is straight talk to one person is jargon to another ;-) PvR + + +

you were reading things which were not there ;-)