Concrete shinkage

I used a mixture of 2 parts silica sand; 2 parts Koalin, 1 part portland cement, small amount of nylon fiber and small amount of Q cells. I used latex as activator for the concrete. I had quite a bit more shinkage than I thought I would get. I mixed ingrediaents and then poured. Should I have waited to pour until concrete started to set up? Should I alsways expect shinkage? What can I do to minimise it? Thanks for any help.

Hmmm, I thought concrete had less shrinkage than cocobolo. Maybe not. I'm not sure how this is related to woodworking.
Use less water.
Dave ContreteArtist wrote:

Stop swimming in cold water.
It's already minimized.
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:59:56 -0600, Dave Balderstone

"It shrinks?"
"Like a scared turtle."
"I don't know how you guys walk around with those things."
Oops. Sorry. Wrong newsgroup.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite