Compressor recomendations?

Greetings All, I have a nice little Delta 2 gal compressor that was included as a freebie with my Unisaw a few years ago. Great little tool, what I like most is that it's relavively quiet for the work it does. Lately, the motor has been sounding off song (runs fast, than slow) and has been taking longer to reach pressure. I know it's on the way out, but after all it was free.... I took it to the local Delta/P-C/DeWalt repair shop, and they said it was classified as a 'non-servicable' item. I can understand, probably would cost more to look at it than to replace. Unfortunately, this item is no longer produced. Question is, what does the group consider as a comparable compressor? A 2 gal is just the right size, and I mainly use it to run a finish nailer and clean off machines, no painting or heavy duty use, I have a Crapsman 20 gal for the larger work. I really like that the noise level was pretty low, since this is a unit to be used at home. I'm open to all opinions..... Thanks to all who take the time to reply, Mark

I got a pretty good scondary portable compressor from Northern Tool, on sale for $99 about a year ago, now on sale dor $129.00. It is oil lubed so it should last longer.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200359572_200359572