Composite lumber outdoor furniture

I want to use composite lumber for a picnic table tops and possibly seats.

Has anyone used this material for furniture applications?

I realize that I have to add some bridging for the table and the seats. I want to use this because it is the best option available to me as getting to cedar or white oak is not a possibility at this time.

Reply to
Keith

If you consider a porch bench with a back "furniture", yes. Use composite lumber for the built-in, outdoor, porch benches on many of the new homes I build. I like it, comes in many colors and/or paints well, is easy to work with as it can be cut/routed like the real thing, dimensionally stable, and will last for a loooong time.

Based on that experience, I would say it would be tops for your table tops and seats.

Reply to
Swingman

Wot's 'Composite Lumber' ?

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

Commonly known as Trex. A manufactured replacement for some out door wood applications like decks.

Reply to
Leon

So What's it a composite of? I have never heard of it.

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

"Tim W" wrote in news:uUE3i.188$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net: