Company politics

Hi Darrin:
Thought you would get a kick out of this little quip:
Dad
A Japanese Company and an American Company had a boat race. The Japanese Company won by a mile. The Americans hired consultants to determine what went wrong. The consultants said that the Japanese Company had six rowers and one manager while the American Company had four managers and two rowers. The Americans immediately restructured it's team to have three Sr. Managers, three Managers and one rower. In the rematch, the Japanese Company won by two miles - The Americans fired the rower.
ole wrote:

It couldn't have been an American telephone company. They would have announced that due to restructuring they projected to lose by three miles, actual performance exceeded their goals by 33% and declared themselves the winner.

Where upon they raised rates, cut retiree benefits, and awarded the executives additional compensation, retirement, perks, and 'freshened' the golden parachute clauses.
Isn't it great that Bernie Ebbers is finally going to trial? Did you see that part where the defense attorney called the ex-CFO a liar? My response would have been: "Yeah, but he was _your_ liar."
Patriarch, one of the burned...
wrote in

these days and nobody's buying american stuff?

Can if you want. I was commenting on home-grown fraud, greed and deception.
Patriarch wrote:

No patent on that, though... :(
wrote in

percentage of import products might somehow be connected. :-)

They might be, although, in the case I suggested, that need not be a factor.
There's likely ba$tard$ in every culture...
Patriarch