Common woods vs. Exotic Woods (Teak, etc)

I've been experimenting with different varieties of woods that are sold in my area. With the prices of all wood types going up, in general, I have put together some info and suggestions based on the results of my research. I took some photos too. I posted the info here:
http://snipurl.com/5vd4
Please also share your views and experiences with various types of common and exotic woods, and comparison of such.
dave

Beware the dizum.com troll.

I'm starting to get a sense for these. Of course, the "snipurl" is kind of a giveaway.
todd

Me, too. My newsreader displays the posts in question in a distinctive way that is different from all normal posts. Of course, I'm not going to say what that distinctive way is, nor what my newsreader is, lest some miscreant figure it out.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:13:38 +0100, LRod

Same here. Works GREAT.
Barry

Goody for you. I was trying to be circumspect for the 60% of the users that aren't aware of the secrets that lie within. Thank you for just bluring it all out for every miscreant with too much time on their hands to misuse the information.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
THEY already knew.

Maybe, maybe not. There's no point in giving aid and comfort to the enemy whether you THINK they already know or not.
In any event, if what you say is true, then all you accomplished was pointing out the obvious. Congratulations on a job well done.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Whatta hoot. Put out a statement like you didn't know you were sending all the information with, then holler when someone tells you were. OK, as advertised, the bad guys (including you) knew, I just thought you might have been as innocent a good guy as you were pretending to be.

Geez, what color is the sun on the planet you live on? I never pretended to be anything but an observer of a phenomenon regarding some recent masquerading trolls. I figured that alerting every Tom, Dick, and Harry of all of the attributes that contributed to that phenomenon wasn't the brightest idea, so I tried to be at least a little circumspect about the data presented and in what venue so as to throw at least a little red herring across the path of all those people not as smart as you.
But, no. You had to demonstrate just how much smarter you are than the rest of us by showing you can read headers. Big deal.
You seem like you're one of those "last word" people. Since you're so much smarter than I am, go ahead and have it. I'm done with you.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Sorry, LRod, I'm with George here. It sure looked to me like he was just showing you that you WERE sending some of the information that you had just said you weren't.
At any rate, I don't see how knowing what newsreader you use can help someone defeat your filters or message display settings. That's really what is helping you avoid the crud, isn't it?
Mike
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:12:18 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

Mike, I am operating under the assumption that the miscreant doesn't know he's sending data that flags him as a phony. By not saying what that data is (the thing that tips me off) or what newsreader I use (not saying DIRECTLY; I understand it's in the headers) the miscreant (who for all we know is only marginally bright; nevertheless...) might not be able to figure out what to change to make him look more like the real McCoy.
Is that hard?
Geez, forgive me for trying to be circumspect. Next time I'll just blurt out, "hey, dopehead, if you change the blurfl in your rudynut, people won't be able to tell you from nodnhed."
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Foolish assumption, given that it's posting through dizum and the whole idea of an anonymizer is that it *replaces your header information with its header information*.
That's *really* Internet 101 stuff. Not talking about it is like putting a towel over your head and thinking nobody can see you.
(Okay, that *may* work with the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal, but that it.)
cf: <http://hhgproject.org/entries/ravenousbugblatterbeast.html
djb
--
"We have been looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq for less time
than it took Hillary Clinton to find the billing record from the Rose Law firm.

not a flame (tm bb) but showing your headers did serve the function of demonstrating to the noobs that one's headers though not displayed by default in most newsreaders are trivial to retrieve.
seems to me that we will do a better job of troll mitigation if we don't engage in flame wars amongst ourselves....