Cleaning up drawers

As related in previous postings, the Akeda jig delivered on good dovetail joints for the end table drawers. I screwed up some of the joints by finish scraping the wrong places when finish scraping the insides before glue-up, but that was my problem.
The drawers are now happily glued up and I'm now in the final stages of cleanup -- planing the top and bottom of the sides even all around, planing the dovetail pins flush to the sides, finish scraping, and breaking the edges. I really like this phase of the construction -- spending time with hand planes and scrapers, getting those fluffy curls coming off the workpiece and seeing the rough drawer transformed into a clean, ready to fit and finish component. Being able to have the radio in the background and just use those tools is very therapeutic. ... and fun, did I mention fun?

Rob Leatham